These trends in our top seven are definitely waiting to change the way in which brands interact and appear to the consumers and brands will have to make an effort to keep customers loyalty.
1. Interest and Purchase – a narrowing gap among them. Since consumers are in need for instant fulfillment with products of all sources, brands have to keep looking for new ways to trap customer desire for buying. For example MasterCard presented an app with the name ShopThis in partnership with Conde Nast, which allows all digital consumers to buy items seen in some magazine or items of clothing which they saw on some famous actor in a movie.
2. Eating Right - people are very aware that healthy eating will improve not only your health but quality of your life. People are also discovering on what food they are sensitive and percussing products free-from that ingredient. Research showed that they are ready to pay more for foods that have special benefits, like more nutrients.
3. The Blooming of Social Conscience and eco Worriers - people are becoming more and more connected with those brands and products which they do not associate with social impacts or environmental negativities. Actor Adrian Grenier worked with producer Peter Glatzer in making SHIFT, which is a lifestyle platform used to convey a very sustainable and new approach to our way of living. They believe that ‘’sustainability is to be folded into the fabric of our lives…’’.
4. The importance of Home and community – also called Home base. Since more consumers entertainment is now in their homes, homebody is now a state of mind which is centered on that. In one of the Argentina’s newspaper they said that now you can get everything at your home, you can host a band for a very exclusive show, have a world-famous chef to cook for you and host a play at your garden. Since costs of childcare and elder care are rising, consumers are becoming members of multi-generational households.
5. Frustrations made from the lack of work of Life balance – if you are unfulfilled on these fields you will be one of many consumers stressed by this in 2014. Some believe that mobile connectivity is obscuring the work and leisure divide and by that making more stress, and some believe that is relieving pressure on consumers who are working. More consumers, 2/3 of them say that they are trying to make their current lives simpler. But some of them are questioning personal career and goals, and trying only to make life simpler.
6. More Consumers want Luxury – in this year, like in the ones before people are still purchasing luxury goods. But, the difference is that they are not ready to pay the same amount of money, they want luxury for less. In japan, consumers are choosing more adorable luxury.
7. People’s Choice – the time of digital technology gave us an opportunity to show what displeases us as consumers, and enabled us to become ambassadors of brands, since when we buy something good the words are spreading very quickly. This is mostly possible thanks to social networks, so brands have a hard job to do since it has never been harder to earn consumers loyalty than during this year. If their products are bad, the best way to get consumers respect are sincere apologies and transparency.Read More
1. First place goes to GOOGLE! Since it became $350 giant! This year our well known Google celebrated its sweet 16th birthday. Since the people working there are trying to make it much more than an engine for searching, it has been through different identities. It is definitely best known for its simple function, it is a great platform for advertising and the most of its revenue comes from ads. Google this year pursued a lot of projects that are planned to reinvent the company and also society. Because of its high ambitions, breadth and spirit that is relentless to create the future Google is at the top of this lish! And this is Google’s second time on this position; the first time was in 2008. Most of goggles projects that are currently there are really life changing, or they are going to be: We will mention Calico, this is a spin-off company trying to extend human lifespan. Then we have Google’s autonomous vehicles, reaching 500.000drive free mile benchmark. There is also Google fiber-used to bring gigabit internet service. For now it is bringing it to Texas, Provo and Austin, but Kentucky and Los Angeles are inspired to follow. Big part of Google’s daily work is changing our daily lives, like Glass, by making wearable’s a big computing trend and Shopping express, where national and local retailers experiment the same-day delivery. There is much more that Google offers, but it’ll be too many to count.
2. Second place goes to Bloomberg Philanthropies, since they did some pretty good Methodology. They found themselves among the largest foundations in USA with 452 million of dollars distributed during the year. They are working with a very sophisticated data driven solutions for every single step of the process, from choosing the priorities, then monitoring how the things are going and escalating pragmatic solutions. The result of all of this is that a foundation is extraordinary effective. They have ranked the ten causes of death on the global level. Being focused on tobacco control they managed to address 60 percent of deaths on the list. And by looking at countries which have more than two thirds of the all world’s smokers, they made their position to get a best impact. This foundation also inspired others to innovate by making Mayors Challenge, which last year challenged citizens of the USA to make solutions for all sorts of things to be applied in the country and around the world. One of five winners of this Challenge was Chicago, and it wins 1 million dollars for implementing an open source analytic platform working in a real time. This works and acts as a system for early warning in the field of weather, traffic emergencies and health care. This year they will organize this kind of challenge but for the European cities.
3. Third place goes to Xiaomi since they reinvented a smartphone business model, and they did it in the world’s largest market for mobile phones. This company is only 3 years old, but that didn’t stopped them from releasing their four new smartphones last year, and sold unbelievable 19 million of them which is 150 percent more than 2 years ago. They have a significant part of Chinese market under their wing, and they got it by devices which are feature-rich but low-cost. This company is compared to Apple by many, but their strategy is much different. Their goal is to sell 40 million devices this year taking India and Southeast Asia as new markets for launching products. We are sure that their success is going to rise even more.Read More